Albany Community Police Review Board

File A Complaint

If you wish to file a complaint against a member of the Albany Police Department (APD) for improper conduct through our website, complete the form below. 

Criminal complaints against non-APD personnel must be filed with the Albany Police Department. Complaints against members of police departments other than the APD must be filed with the Internal Affairs department of the local police department. 

Please fill in as much information as possible, especially your phone number, email and mailing address. 

If you prefer to file a complaint in person or by mail, go to our File a Complaint page for more information. 

Online complaint form:

I realize that it may be necessary in the investigation of this complaint for me to meet with Officials of the City of Albany and/or the Community Police Review Board to discuss this complaint. I understand that if my complaint results in a legal proceeding my testimony at such proceeding may be needed and I hereby agree to make myself available if required to do so.

I hereby affirm that the foregoing information is true and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief.


Mediation is an informal alternative to our traditional investigative process. Mediation allows the parties to meet and discuss their views of the case; clear up misunderstandings; identify underlying interests and concerns; find areas of agreement; and identify creative solutions. Mediation is a cooperative, voluntary process requiring the participation of all parties and representatives.

Click or drag a file to this area to upload.

Please Note: A cloud attachment is not supported / our system cannot view a cloud attachment.